· Change Log
Download v4 BETA3 | Oct. 21, 2017
· BETA Portable
SideSlide is an advanced, portable, unobtrusive, dockable, skinnable, instantly accessible,
highly configurable Desktop Extension on Steroids! SideSlide keeps your desktop clutter-free and organizes your PC life in a unique and personalized way.
With dynamic containers, a full featured keyboard launcher and various innovative features, SideSlide lets you get instant access to everything you have and much more.
The program respects your system and keeps all of its configuration files in a single folder.
SideSlide is completely free. No adware or spyware. It's not bundled with any additional software and can be completely removed from your computer without a trace.
Some websites bundle SideSlide with their spyware installer. Download software from MajorGeeks, Softpedia and others that provide direct links to the actual programs.
Dock and hide SideSlide to any screen edge. Browse through your favorite RSS news feeds, keep shortcuts to files,
folders and URLs you frequently visit and execute various commands quicker than ever.
Add multiple notes and picture slideshows, schedule reminders, save web snippets and more. Customize it to emphasize the things you use the most and make more information accessible
without occupying precious screen space. By using containers you can shrink and fold to organize your projects, downloading ready-made containers from an online library,
linking containers to actual folders on disk, detaching containers from the workspace to claim additional space, various ways of launching multiple
shortcuts at once, shortcut tags, zooming in and out of shortcuts, news feed reader, keyboard navigation and launcher, different skins, different size pictures,
picture containers and colored notes; SideSlide is designed to make a great deal of content instantly accessible and neatly organized.
- Instantly accessible and adjustable workspace that stays out of your way until you need it.
- Add multiple shortcuts, commands, URLs, RSS news feeds, pictures, reminders and notes.
- Resizable, detachable, foldable and shrinkable containers extend the workspace beyond the limits of the screen.
- The workspace lets you sort and position everything in the way that works best for you, without any rules.
- Mouse & keyboard support with a full-blown keyboard launcher that includes a quick expression calculator, directory navigator and much more.
- RSS news feed functionality featuring a Subject Tracker that allows you to track what you are interested in the most.
- Keep your eyes on multiple picture slideshows that are easily added.
- Floating, colorful notes are quickly created and adjusted in bulk or separately.
- Shortcuts can be tagged for additional functionality and organization.
- Various ways of launching multiple shortcuts with a single click or the keyboard.
- Speed Launch: Launch shortcuts using a single keystroke.
- Link containers to actual folders on disk (launch, move, copy and delete files).
- Shortcuts, URLs, text and pictures from Windows or your browser can be dragged & dropped in the workspace.
- A growing online library with ready-made RSS news feed and shortcut containers.
- Every style and setting in the entire program and for each individual object can be customized.
- Fancy special effects that don't slow you down.
- Comes with multiple themes and wallpapers and you can also define your own style.
- Supports a portable installation to run from a USB stick: The workspace remains fully functional even when Windows assigns a different letter to the drive.
- Much more...
· Change Log
- Download: The file is hosted by MajorGeeks.com - Please select one of the mirrors for the download.
- News Feeds: If you're using Windows XP below SP3, you need to install MSXML 6.0 if you want to use SideSlide RSS functionality.
Download MSXML6 from
this page. MSXML6 is preinstalled in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and WinXP SP3.
- Uninstallation: Unlike many Windows programs SideSlide leaves NO TRACES if you wish to remove it
from your system (no entries are saved in the Windows Registry).
Simply use the Uninstall shortcut (from the Programs Menu) and delete the settings
(containers, skins, etc) folder which is opened once the uninstallation is complete.